Wednesday, March 25, 2015

dot dot dot ...

 I don't like to participate  in class because people always take it the wrong way. It's either I am talking too much, contributing too much or being too smart. I am not ashamed to speak up or participate, however, it's like my peers don't want to learn from me. We are in the same class and  apparently that constitutes for aptitude-- so no need for my opinion.  I participate anyway; I do not care what people think because, quite frankly, people do not think.

Every time I try to answer one of their questions or the teacher's question, I notice the familiar look of exasperation. It's so funny because they actually want to know my answer, but they seem tired of the same scene-- them with the questions and I with all the answers. Someone told me, I changed. She said I was more focused on schoolwork and my education in 9th or tenth grade. And now .. not so much. I told her the only thing that changed was my arrogance. I got rid of it. She only knew I was "focused" in school because I used to boast about it.  To anyone reading this, believe me, arrogance, egotism and overconfidence are three deadly diseases and would kill every talent you possess. Do not catch it.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that you don't like to participate, but you still do. Why is that exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually the first blog that i read today that made sense. I think you shouldn't care about how your classmates feel they are probably just jealous because you have all the answers and they don't.

    ReplyDelete