Thursday, May 7, 2015

Muse ( SSR )

We are not supposed to talk about the AP Lit exam we took on the 6, however there is this poem that left a mark on me. Many poets never write complaints about their muses, like they'd ususally talk about the good things, how remarkble they are. So anyways this poem stuck to me so I looked it up and I found it.  I am not going to say the name of it, but I will write a line from it that was really cool/
.

"If those paint sorrow best-- who feel it most"
This line is true in so many aspects. This is the last line of the poem, the poet was basically saying that his muse was saddness either from "unhappy love" or "mournful friendships" and they benefit in his poetry because " it decks the head with many a rose," but  because the poet is still upset about the sad things happening in his life the muse " reserves the thorn to fester in the heart".

This is similar to a relationship I was in.  He'd make me happy but sad at the same time, he wasn't a muse nor did he make me want to write poetry. LOL . However, I was able to paint sorrow the best after him and I broke up.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's really deep. It must have really left an impression for you to remember it after a hectic exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you sign a confidentiality agreement?

    ReplyDelete