Monday, March 2, 2015

Matrices ( ID )

           The first time I heard the word matrix was in Bio--"extracellular matrix" which consist of proteoglycan complexes, fibrinogen, collagen, and integrins. So I always thought of a matrix as a mixture but in precalc a matrix is an array of numbers.  So maybe the same way numbers make up a matrix in calculus proteoglycans and other proteins make up the extracellular matrix in biology? Anyways, I learned that I have to do my homework to understand precalc class like if I do not get any practice then I would forget everything the next day. So I experimented with my precalc homework. Class has become considerably easier. I realized many subjects are related and it was a pleasure connecting similarities between my classes.
          Ms. Rios taught my class how to put a system of equations into row echelon forms. This was a challenging practice at first because you were limited to three rules to convert the equation into row echelon form. The most difficult part was that there wasn't a specific way to find the row echelon form, it was up to you to figure it. The exercise was gratifying because I eventually came to the right answer.

2 comments:

  1. i should take that advise and do some homework then. but im glad everything seems easier now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very glad that you were able to understand the matrices. I agree with you in that math class has become much easier. It is great that you was able to make connections, that is a skill you'll need in college. 10 points for Umu. Congrats. I am very proud of you. I always knew you could do it. I never doubt you. Haha

    ReplyDelete